Dell Injects 500 New Storage Software Features Across Portfolio

In order to build a system that pools storage resources and enables partners to participate in the ecosystem, multi-cloud and enterprise data storage services are being combined, according to Jeff Clarke, vice chairman and co-chief operating officer of Dell.

In a big update to its storage devices, Dell Technologies has added 500 new software improvements to its PowerStore, PowerMax, and PowerFlex solutions. For customers using clouds, on-premises, and edge environments, the improvements are intended to enhance automation, data mobility, business intelligence, and security without raising prices. Cyber resilience and multi-cloud flexibility will now be features of the PowerStore midrange solution in particular.

Jeff Clarke, Vice Chairman and Co-COO of Dell, claims that these software upgrades offer channel partners a major opportunity to compete for new storage business. According to him, “We are bringing multi-cloud and enterprise data storage services together to really bring the ability to pool storage resources, to allow our partners to be able to participate in that ecosystem.” He added that with Dell Technologies holding about 30% of the market, there is a significant opportunity for their partner network to aid them in gaining access to the remaining 70% of the storage market with unique solutions and the most complete portfolio available.